Dr. Tino R. Ballesteros, Jr.
2000 Downing Drive
Pensacola, Florida 32505
Cell Phone: (407) 922-8880
E-mail : email@example.com
Fax: (850) 475-9644
Strategic, ordained Minister with a unique combination of gifts, skills and experience that promotes all areas of leadership development and Pastoral Care. Particularly successful in developing others towards Christian maturity. A passionate managing leader who integrates a high concern for results with a high concern for people. A dynamic coach skilled in promoting participation, involvement and a commitment to teamwork. Committed to the pursuit of operational excellence and able to instill vision into others. Possesses strong team leadership skills while being an effective team player and has the spiritual gifts of Administration and Leadership.
YOSEMITE CHURCH (Interdenominational) Merced, CA 2005 – present
Executive Pastor / Spiritual Development /Pastoral Care
- Oversees the daily operations of this purpose-driven, seeker church.
- Responsible for development of staff, hiring new staff, empowering and training staff and volunteers to utilize their operational gifts.
- Assessing and managing future building expansion projects.
- Works at developing the other pastors on staff as well as recruiting and training a Human Resources Department.
- Responsible for leading and implementing the Strategic Plan.
- Development and oversight of the Funeral Ministry.
- Providing Pastoral Care for the church – hospital and home visitation, palliative care visits, performing funerals, emotional and spiritual counseling.
FIRST PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH (PCUSA) Orlando, FL 2001 – 2005
Oversaw the entire church staff (approximately 150 people), and operating budget of approximately $7 million, working with the Session and senior pastor to manage the many ministries of the PC(USA)’s second largest congregation.
My calling to First Presbyterian came at a unique time in the church’s 128 year history: the months leading up to the retirement of Howard Edington as the church’s Senior Pastor of 21 years, and the 18 months of interim period following his departure. This was a time of great pain and brokenness for the congregation, followed by a time of God’s miraculous healing. The realities of the interim period required me to oversee budget reductions of more than $1million per year, with associated cuts in staffing and programs. Along with the elders of the church, I worked intensively on the transition of several of the church’s most important outreach ministries to a self-sustaining capability.
On a broader scale, I worked with the elders, church staff, and congregation to maintain a high level of ministry and trust throughout the time of conflict and healing, developing a new ministry for laity to fill in gaps created by staff reductions. Lay Ministry now involves hundreds of church members in the daily work of the church at all levels, from a team of volunteer receptionists who greet visitors and answer phones Monday-Friday, to a high-performing team of Deacons and Stephen Ministers who provide pastoral care to the congregation along with the remaining pastors. We have also:
- Helped to restructure the church staff, and revise the Governance Plan’s functional organization to provide a more finely-tuned ministry operation.
- Developed a Congregational Survey with 30% response rate, and then developed a 15-point Strategic Ministry Plan to guide the congregation through the coming 18-24 months.
- Created a Statement of Faith for the congregation, based in Scripture and the Confessions, to outline its beliefs.
- Created and implemented broad scale Human Resources policies and procedures and decorum, including training of staff.
- Integrated essential IT programs and expanded the development of the church web site.
Currently, First Presbyterian Church is operating with a balanced budget and positive cash flow, has paid down more than $3 million of construction debt in the last two years, has renegotiated a $13 million bank loan to reduce interest costs, and is enjoying a stronger relationship with the Central Florida Presbytery. Personnel and Ministry policies have been put in place including education and training supervision. We revised the church membership rolls, and received a positive report on church and Foundation financials from independent auditors.
THE CRYSTAL CATHEDRAL (RCA) Garden Grove, CA 1992 – 2001
Minister of Education
Oversaw 9 departments (90 staff members) and managed an annual educational budget of $3,000,000. Departments included Children’s Ministry, Youth Ministry, Leadership Development, Preschool and Infant Care Center, Academy and High School, Older Adults, Community Missions, Professional Counseling Center, and Baptisms.
- Initiated a three-year, state-of-the-art seminary type center for lay leadership development (Ministry Associate Training (MAT)), which is now certified by the Reformed Church in America and accredited by several colleges.
- As part of a leadership team, recruited and developed 1,000+ elders, deacons, lay pastors, teachers and volunteers.
- Proactively responded to community educational needs by developing a new preschool and starting a high school.
- Launched a professional counseling center in order to address individual’s emotional, psychological and mental needs.
- Provided hospital visitation as well as palliative care visits.
- Officiated an average of 75 weddings, 35 funerals and 150 baptisms annually.
- Developed creative programs which resulted in an average a weekly attendance of 2,000 in Sunday School – children, youth and adults.
- Expanded spiritual development by leading corporate worship and various international conferences, retreats and seminars.
- Raised an endowment of $1 million dollars for the Academy
- Embraced a holistic approach in the development and implementation of various programs which accelerated the learning process for children, youth and adults.
- Initiated and strengthened several unique programs aimed towards spiritual growth including first communion, children’s messages, spiritual-gift-based new member classes for children and youth, baptism training, and a performing arts academy.
Doctor of Ministry
Union Theological Seminary, Richmond, VA
Presbyterian School of Christian Education, Richmond, VA
B.A., Religion & Philosophy
Birmingham-Southern College, Birmingham, AL
*References upon request